Fasting Guidelines and Information
- For our nation to come to repentance.
- The chains to be loosed for our brothers and sisters who are imprisoned or being persecuted to be released.
- For the Body of Christ to turn back to God with their whole hearts. (II Chronicles 7:14)
The whole month of September daily from Sunrise (6:30am) to Sunset (7:30pm). You may eat after Sunset.
During the times of Fasting please keep in mind:
- You must stay hydrated ( water, coffee, protein drinks).
- If you are feeling shaky or hypoglycemic (decreased sugar levels) you may have cracker, or trail mix.
- If you are working outside make sure you adhere to the Daniel Fast guidelines.
- No Sodas, Kool-aids, or Juices.
- Stay away from sweets, and fried food, during the fast try to keep a low-calorie diet. (eat in moderation)
- If you have a medical condition please use wisdom asking the Holy Spirit to guide you about how to fast.
- You must devote yourself to seeking God’s face, even (and especially) during those times in which you feel weak, vulnerable, or irritable.
- Read His Word and pray during what were mealtimes. Meditate on Him when you awake in the night.
- Make sure you Worship as this is a very important of fasting.
- Focus on your Heavenly Father and make every act one of praise and worship. God will enable you to experience His command to “pray without ceasing” as you seek His presence.